SJC Football

11/25/2019 10:28:34 AM
sjc4life
11/25/2019 10:28:34 AM Report Abuse

First off -- congrats to Good Counsel and their 2019 championship. Impressive win.

As for SJC, what's the point of bringing in all these outside recruits and playing a "national schedule" if we can't even win our own conference? Might as well save the big games for the WCAC. 

Maybe I'm just old school, but I prefer when we won with home grown talent and not the latest and greatest shipment into DC. Who would want to send their kid to SJC these days just to have them benched their senior season for the flavor of the month.

Congrats to Good Counsel for doing it the right way. 

Reply To 0vote up 0vote down
lbaxter
11/26/2019 8:07:43 AM Report Abuse
Agree @sjc4life

First time I've ever agreed with someone from St. John's. Maybe they do teach a few things in those classrooms from time to time...

salparadise
11/25/2019 11:58:19 AM Report Abuse

1.) A lot of people are happy that St. John's hasn't dominated the league since Honolulu-gate. Congrats to Good Counsel. Many, many WCAC alums from different schools were rooting for you. 

2.) You can't win your own conference every year when the WCAC is as healthy as its ever been. Four different champions in the past four seasons. Four different finalists in the championship game the last two seasons. In the final two minutes of the last two championship games, there were 30 points scored and 4 lead changes. It could have easily been DeMatha and St. John's as champions the past two seasons instead of Gonzaga and Good Counsel. WCAC football is wild right now, and I love it. 

DCPublic
11/25/2019 12:30:55 PM Report Abuse

The league is great. Better than ever. And there's enough talent locally to fill rosters. Keep the out of state players out of state!

Rykenman
11/25/2019 6:31:44 PM Report Abuse

We got next

charlatan33
11/26/2019 9:55:20 AM Report Abuse

I don't know about that. I'm hearing rumors that Ryken moving up is contingent on McNamara being willing to move down, which supposedly they aren't interested in. If that is true then it's a shame and defeats the purpose of splitting the conference. 

On another note, it's great to see Carroll football heading in the right direction. Congrats to them on a solid season.

macanthony1982
11/26/2019 10:27:04 AM Report Abuse

the rules of the conference is that the whichever school wins two straight titles in the metro division, moves up and lowest team in the capital division moves down...   McNamara best follow the rule and move on down...

RULES ARE RULES...  

charlatan33
11/26/2019 10:38:36 AM Report Abuse

What I heard was that that was assumed, but never actually codified. 

theguru
11/26/2019 3:13:09 PM Report Abuse

This is what it should be for 2020. 

WCAC Capital League

DeMatha, Good Counsel, Gonzaga, St. John's, St. Mary's Ryken

WCAC Metro League

Carroll, Ireton, Paul VI, O'Connell, McNamara 

macanthony1982
11/27/2019 3:17:30 PM Report Abuse

sounds about accurate...    since according to the rule, 'the team that wins the "Metro" division two years in a row will be elegible to move up to the Capital division and a team in the capital division will move to Metro division based on records in that span'

BBALLDADDY
12/12/2019 1:34:39 PM Report Abuse

The problem with that is, once SMR moves up and Mac move down, Mac will win two consecutive Metro championships also.  Then what happens?  SMR move back down and Mac move back up?  There has to be a better solution.  What about adding more competitive teams to the Metro division?  St. Frances?  Or some of these other schools (in the area) that plays independent schedules.  There has to be a better solution. 

BBALLDADDY
12/12/2019 1:37:06 PM Report Abuse

Or NCA

New Comment

You must confirm your email to post in the forums.
You must login to report abuse. Close